These terms and conditions apply to all participants who register to take part in an event organised by DB Max Events. In these terms and conditions, participants will be referred to as “you” and the event organiser will be referred to as “DB Max” or “DB Max Events“.
- By registering in the event you are agreeing to be bound by these terms and conditions.
- All participants must be above 16 years of age for senior races.
- You are responsible for reading the details and description regarding the event contained on the website www.dbmax.co.uk and any other information that may be sent to you by DB Max and agree that you clearly understand what ability is required and what is entailed in participating in the event.
- The registration fee must be paid at the time of registration. DB Max Events refund policy is:
- Non postal event – Any event entry that requires chip and number pick up on the day. Cancellations received by email to firstname.lastname@example.org at least 15 days prior to the event date, will receive a 60% refund or transfer of entry fee towards another DB Max event (£10 transfer fee applies for multi-sport events and £5 for running events). Only emailed cancellations to email@example.com are acceptable. Cancellations made in the last 14 days before the event date will not be eligible for any refund or transfer.
- Postal event – DB Max Events’ refund policy for postal events (such as, but not limited to, Westonbirt House Easter, Summer and Christmas 10k and Chippenham 10k) is that any cancellation received by email to firstname.lastname@example.org more than 35 days prior to the event will receive a 60% refund or transfer of entry fee towards another DB Max event (£5 transfer fee applies). Only emailed cancellations to email@example.com are acceptable. Cancellations made in the last 34 days before the event date will not be eligible for any refund or transfer.
- If any details provided by you on your registration form change, you must notify DB Max immediately in writing by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org stating the event, date and race category and your full name. It is the participant’s responsibility to ensure their details are correct before they race. Any participants who race with incorrect personal information and do not notify us of the error before the prize presentation, will be disqualified and shown as DQ on the online results.
- DB Max Events reserve the right to cancel your participation in the event if any information provided by you is found to be inaccurate in any way.
- You will be emailed by DB Max prior to the event with further event details and instructions. It is your responsibility to read these in full and follow the instructions provided.
- Please note that all arrangements for the event, including the venue, date and programme may be subject to change. Any changes will be notified to you by email no later than 2 weeks prior to the date of the event.
- You are responsible for ensuring that you have taken medical advice, and that you are medically fit and healthy and have undertaken appropriate training and preparation to participate in the event.
- While DB Max takes every care with the staging of the event, the participant acknowledges that personal accident and personal items insurance is his or her sole responsibility.
- You are responsible for your own personal possessions and those of any spectators you may bring to the event. Personal possessions left unattended at the venue in any facilities provided or otherwise are left entirely at your own risk.
- You agree that you participate in the event at your own risk, and accept that the Event Organiser cannot be liable to the fullest extent permitted by law, for any personal injury sustained by you in any way or loss or damage to any personal property as a result of your participation in the event.
- You must abide by any rules or regulations of the event that may be notified to you by the DB Max or the venue owners at any point leading up to or at the event.
- You must show respect and courtesy towards other participants, spectators and DB Max staff. If you behave in any manner which is, in DB Max’s opinion, poor sportsmanship or a risk to the safety of any other participant, spectators or anyone else in attendance at the event, this may result in you being disqualified from the event and removed from the venue.
- DB Max is not responsible for any third party organisations that may provide other services at the event. You use any such services at your own risk.
- If the event has to be postponed for any reason, the Event Organiser will endeavour to arrange an alternative event, and you will be notified of the new date and venue.These terms and conditions will continue to apply to the rearranged event. No refund will be given if you do not wish or are unable to participate in the rearranged event. Accommodation fees will not be refunded.
- If the event has to be cancelled and not rescheduled you will receive a refund of your registration fee minus a 20% deduction to cover administration costs.
- If access to a published course is restricted for any reason an alternative course will be used. If water temperatures prevent an open-water swim going ahead, the triathlon will be adapted to a duathlon and the event will proceed as normal. Entry fees will not be refunded for anyone choosing not to participate in the adapted event.
- You agree to photographs and video being taken at the event and that any images of you may be used by DB Max or the venue owners in any media regarding the event and to market and advertise the event or any other similar events.
- You agree to DB Max publishing your details (to include, name, time, race category, club, gender, photo and video) on the DB Max website results pages. These will remain live indefinitely.
- These terms are governed by English law.
*CHANGES TO CANCELLATION AND REFUND OR TRANSFER POLICY.
ANY DB MAX EVENT HELD AFTER 20TH JUNE 2019 EITHER POSTAL OR NON POSTAL WILL REQUIRE COMPETITORS TO NOTIFY DB MAX A MINIMUM OF 40 DAYS PRIOR TO THE EVENT DATE TO RECEIVE A REFUND OR TRANSFER OR ENTRY FEE TOWARDS ANOTHER DB MAX EVENT. ANY REQUESTS RECEIVED IN THE LAST 39 DAYS BEFORE THE EVENT WILL NOT BE ELIGIBLE FOR A REFUND OR TRANSFER.
If you need assistance in reading and understanding these terms and conditions please contact a member of the events team using the email address below.