The Castle Combe 10 mile Summer TT series is back for 2021!
We are super-stoked to be back with our Kinetic One Castle Combe 10 Mile TT Series, and it will be bigger and better than ever in 2021 with over 20 events.
Events will be held at the famous Castle Combe race circuit and provide safe, traffic free, socially distant racing.
Please note that the format will be the same as in 2020, to enable us to proceed in the current, restricted climate. It is all competitors’ responsibility to ensure they know the rules and to abide by them at all times – the yellow card and red card system will be in place.
DB Max are all about #BeSafe racing! Rules may be relaxed throughout 2021 in line with Government guidance and we will update competitors in the event of any changes.
The 23-race series on the super-smooth surface will again be sponsored by Kinetic-One Cycling.
- Chip timing including splits and bike laps.
- Social distancing and ‘Covid Secure‘ hygiene measures fully implemented to ensure safe racing for all.
- Beginner-friendly racing.
- Live online results straight to your smartphones.
- To enable us to host this event during the Covid-19 Pandemic, there are strict rules to follow. These are for the benefit of all competitors and staff. You can read a full list of the rules HERE. Please educate yourself on the rules before race day.
- Please note that no spectators are currently permitted and no day entries are available (this may change in line with Government Guidance and will update competitors on this in due course).
- Competitors start off at approximately 1-minute intervals at each event. Start times are booked when entering online.
- Cyclists will be permitted to complete one warm-up lap only, just before their race start, staying off the racing line.
- Do not cycle against the flow of cyclists at any time for any reason. Follow signs and directions from marshals when on site.
Whilst DB Max Sports Timing have retired the results slips, your finish time and lap splits are available immediately online.
The start time will be approximately 17:30 at each event but we will start earlier where possible. Start times must be booked in advance and there are strictly no day entries. Start times may not be changed.
There will be individual (£16) entries only. Please note 2-up entries are currently not available.
On arriving at Castle Combe, please use the Westway Entrance to access the venue.
Registration & Briefing Instructions
There will be no ‘on the day’ registration. Competitors will pick up there timing chip at the start line.
A short briefing will be given to each competitor before they start.
Please attach the timing transponder firmly to your left ankle with the strap provided (chip fitting instructions). This will ensure that all finish results (as well as splits and lap times) are collected by the system. Timing chips must be placed in the collection bucket on exiting the track near the car park. Hand sanitizer (80% alcohol) will be available at the chip removal point.
Lost and unreturned timing chips will be invoiced at £45 each. Please do not forget to place your chip in the bucket when exiting the track.
Competitors are responsible for counting their own bike laps – plan how to do this to avoid mistakes on the day. The timing system will produce results for each lap and anyone not completing the required 5 laps will be disqualified.
The DB Max event team look forward to welcoming you to Castle Combe on race day.