The classic sprint duathlon at the famous Castle Combe race circuit. Safe, traffic-free, duathlon racing at it’s best, suitable for beginners and experienced competitors alike. Wide, smooth, tarmac closed roads to cycle on and a flat, predominantly on-road run route.
The event starts with a 2 mile run on the perimeter of the race track, then heads out on 5 laps of the circuit before finishing with a final 2 mile run again around the race track perimeter
- Chip timing including splits and bike laps.
- Hot soup for all finishers, with a Chilli option!
- Medal for all finishers.
- Beginner friendly racing.
- Heated viewing area with results screens.
- On-site catering with hot food and drinks.
- On-site toilets and showers.
- Race Photography from Charles Whitton Photography
- On site sports massage from the Physio Clinic, Bristol
- Specialist triathlon and multi-sport shop from the Triathlon Shop, Bristol
- Medal now with optional iTaB (see below).
In 2018 for just £8 you can have your medal personalised with your name, position and finish time and if you’re keen, your splits too. Your details and results will be engraved on a small plate which fits neatly into the back of your medal. See itab for an example
Duathlon: 2 mile run (one perimeter lap), 10 mile bike (five race circuit laps) , 2 mile run (one perimeter lap).
11:35 and 12:15
Online entry price: £33.50
Day entry price: £37.50
If you would like to make the Chilly Duathlon a club race, please contact us for more details. Please contact James on 07929 059 796 or email@example.com to register your interest.
- Venue – Castle Combe Motor Racing Circuit
Directions – Castle Combe Motor Racing Circuit
- On arriving at Castle Combe, please use the competitor entrance to access the venue. The postcode for Sat Navs is SN14 7EY
Getting to the venue couldn’t be easier and it is only a short distance from Junction 17 of the M4. Car times from Major Cities are
London – 1 hour 30 minutes
Birmingham – 1 hour 30 minutes
Bristol – 35 minutes
Cardiff – 60 minutes
Swansea – 1 hour 45 minutes
Exeter – 1 hour 30 minutes
The venue has plenty of parking. You will be directed in to the circuit from the main road through the main competitor gates. Please drive with consideration to other users.
Registration & Briefing Times
Registration is from 10:15 and will close 20 minutes before the final race start. Briefings will take place ten minutes prior to race start at transition.
Race numbers and timing chips will be collected from the registration desk on race day.
Marshals and Volunteers
To successfully run our events we require the help and support of Marshals and Volunteers. if you are able to assist at the event or have friends, family, work colleagues or enemies who may be able to help, then please contact James Higgs on firstname.lastname@example.org in return we offer free entries in to future DB Max events…
The DB Max event team look forward to welcoming you to Castle Combe on Race Day.
If you have any questions or queries regarding the Chilly Duathlon, then please do not hesitate to contact James Higgs on 07929 059 796 or email@example.com.