The BUCS Sprint Duathlon championships have been held at Castle Combe for many years and is now a popular end of season event seeing many of the best athletes in the country competing. Wide, smooth, tarmac closed roads to cycle on and a flat, predominantly on-road run route. Starting with a 2 mile run on the perimeter of the race track, the event then heads out on 5 laps of the circuit before finishing with a final 2 mile run again around the race track perimeter.
- Chip timing including splits and bike laps.
- Medal for all finishers.
- Beginner friendly racing.
- Heated viewing area with results screens.
- On-site catering with hot food and drinks.
- On-site toilets and showers.
- Race Photography from Charles Whitton Photography
- On site sports massage from the Physio Clinic, Bristol
- Specialist running shop and bike maintenance stand
- Medal now with optional iTaB (see below).
In 2017 for just £8 you can have your medal personalised with your name, position and finish time and if you’re keen, your splits too. Your details and results will be engraved on a small plate which fits neatly into the back of your medal. See itab for an example.
Duathlon: 2 mile run (one perimeter lap), 10 mile bike (five race circuit laps) , 2 mile run (one perimeter lap).
Online entry price: £32.50.
- Venue – Castle Combe Motor Racing Circuit Directions – Castle Combe Motor Racing Circuit.
- On arriving at Castle Combe, please use the competitor entrance to access the venue. The postcode for Sat Navs is SN14 7EY.
Getting to the venue couldn’t be easier and it is only a short distance from Junction 17 of the M4. Car times from Major Cities are London – 1 hour 30 minutes Birmingham – 1 hour 30 minutes Bristol – 35 minutes Cardiff – 60 minutes Swansea – 1 hour 45 minutes Exeter – 1 hour 30 minutes
The venue has plenty of parking. You will be directed in to the circuit from the main road through the main competitor gates. Please drive with consideration to other users.
Registration & Briefing Times
Registration is from 10:15 and will close 20 minues before the final race start. Briefings will take place ten minutes prior to race start at race start. Race numbers and timing chips will be collected from the registration desk on race day by the team captain only.
Marshals and Volunteers
To successfully run our events we require the help and support of Marshals and Volunteers. If you are able to assist at the event or have friends, family, work colleagues or enemies who may be able to help, then please contact James Higgs on email@example.com in return we offer free entries in to future DB Max events and if you are lucky a bacon roll and cup of coffee.
DB Max’s crack event team look forward to welcoming you to Castle Combe on Race Day. If you have any questions or queries regarding the Chilly Duathlon, then please do not hesitate to contact James Higgs on 07929 059 796 or firstname.lastname@example.org.