DB Max OCR Events are proud to announce the running of the Battle of Lansdown OCR in 2019. Having taken over from the previous event organisers, we plan to take the event from strength to strength under the DB Max team!
The event comprises all the fantastic obstacles and stunning woodland trails of previous versions of the Battle of Lansdown, along with the added touches DB Max bring from their running and triathlon event organising experience.
What do you get at a DB Max OCR Event?
- Mud, mud and more mud..!
- Did we mention the mud?
- Amazing obstacles.
- A free beer at the finish line… #DBeerMax
- Unparalleled event organisation and experience.
- Chip timing.
- Small waves to avoid any queuing at obstacles.
- Discounts for team bookings.
- The awesome DB Max OCR Events finishers’ medal.
- An event suitable for both the first timer and the seasoned OCR competitor.
- On-site catering with hot food and drinks.
- On-site toilets.
- Free race photography.
- Medal now with optional iTaB (see below).
In 2019 for just £8, you can have your medal personalised with your name, position and finish time. Your details and results will be engraved on a small plate which fits neatly into the back of your medal. See itab for an example
- Elite wave at 9:00am
- Waves are then every 20 minutes with a maximum of 80 per wave.
- Kids waves start from 2:30pm (Kids are permitted to race from ages 9 to 16)
- Early Bird Entry – £45.00 for the first 250 entries
- Tier 2 Price – £50.00 until 28th February
- Tier 3 Price – £60.00 from 1st March onwards
We are offering a 10% discount for team/club entries when more than 5 people enter. More details are available on the online entry page above.
The adult race is approx. 10k and the kids race is approx. 4k.
- Venue -Manor Farm, Upton Cheyney, Bitton, Bristol, BS30 6NQ
Directions – If using a Sat Nav please use the postcode BS30 6NQ and when near the site follow the Car Park signs.
Getting to the venue couldn’t be easier and it is only a short distance from Junction 17 of the M4. Car times from Major Cities are:
London – 1 hour 30 minutes
Birmingham – 1 hour 30 minutes
Bristol – 25 minutes
Cardiff – 60 minutes
Swansea – 1 hour 45 minutes
Exeter – 1 hour 30 minutes
The venue will have allocated parking at £5 per car. You will be directed in to the venue from the main road through the main gates. Please drive with consideration to other users.
Registration & Briefing Times
Registration is from 8:15am and will close 30 minutes before the final wave start. Briefings will take place ten minutes prior to race start at the start line.
Race numbers and timing chips will be collected from the registration desk on race day.
Marshals and Volunteers
To successfully run our events we require the help and support of Marshals and Volunteers. if you are able to assist at the event or have friends, family, work colleagues or enemies who may be able to help, then please contact James Higgs on email@example.com in return we offer free entries in to future DB Max events…
The DB Max event team look forward to welcoming you to the Battle of Lansdown on Race Day.
If you have any questions or queries regarding the Battle of Lansdown, then please do not hesitate to contact James Higgs on 07929 059 796 or firstname.lastname@example.org.