DB Max are proud to announce the second running of the ARC South West ‘Chilly’ Road Relays on Sunday 3rd November 2019 in association with the ARC.
Safe, traffic-free, running on the super smooth tarmac of Castle Combe Race Circuit open to juniors and adults.
- Teams of 4.
- Male, Female and Mixed Teams (mixed team is at least 1 person of each gender in a team).
- Each member completes 2 laps of the track (3.7 miles), totalling 14.8 miles per team.
- The junior event will be male or female teams, with 1 lap of the track of 1.85 miles totalling 7.4 miles per team.
- Team members will be running with a baton which is handed over in the ‘change over zone.
The main awards at the event are the ARC medals which will be for ARC registered clubs only. The event is still open to everyone, but the main category prizes will be for the ARC clubs with gold, sliver and bronze medals as below:
– Open Male and Female Teams.
– Junior Male and Female Teams (Juniors are classified as under 16 on the day of the race).
- In the interest of making the event fully inclusive, we want to encourage groups of friends to enter, or maybe running clubs and triathlon clubs that are not ARC affiliated. So there will also be minor DB Max prizes for an ‘open’ prize giving (winners only and only one prize per team).
Race Start Time:
Adult Team of 4 affiliated – £50
Adult Team of 4 unaffiliated – £55
Junior Team of 4 affiliated – £27
Junior Team of 4 unaffiliated – £32
Day Entry Prices:
Adult Team of 4 affiliated – £55
Adult Team of 4 unaffiliated – £60
Junior Team of 4 affiliated – £32
Junior Team of 4 unaffiliated – £37
Day entries need to be registered by no later than 09:45.
Getting to the venue couldn’t be easier and it is only a short distance from Junction 17 of the M4. Car times from Major Cities are
London – 1 hour 30 minutes
Birmingham – 1 hour 30 minutes
Bristol – 35 minutes
Cardiff – 60 minutes
Swansea – 1 hour 45 minutes
Exeter – 1 hour 30 minutes
The venue has plenty of parking. You will be directed in to the circuit from the main road, past the main circuit gates and down towards the Westway entrance. Please drive with consideration to other users.
Registration & Briefing Times
Registration is from 08:45 and will close at 09:45. The race briefing will take place ten minutes prior to race start.
Race numbers and timing chips will be collected from the registration desk on race day.
Marshals and Volunteers
To successfully run our events we require the help and support of Marshals and Volunteers. if you are able to assist at the event or have friends, family, work colleagues or enemies who may be able to help, then please contact James Higgs on email@example.com in return we offer free entries in to future DB Max events…
The DB Max event team look forward to welcoming you to Castle Combe on Race Day.
If you have any questions or queries regarding the running of the South West Road Relays, then please do not hesitate to contact James Higgs on 07929 059 796 or firstname.lastname@example.org, or call the DB Max office on 01225 632 103.