We are delighted to announce that Wiltshire Air Ambulance will be our Charity of the Year for 2019.
To get a real idea of the work they do, it’s worth sharing a few stats:
- At time of writing (early December), they have been on 717 missions
- They average just 11 minutes to reach the scene of an incident
- They’re operational for up to 19 hours per day
- They can scramble in 2 minutes
- They carry two units of O-Negative blood
- On average, they undertake three potentially life-saving missions each day
- From their base a couple of miles from us in Melksham, they can reach:
- Swindon in 7 minutes
- Salisbury in 7 minutes
- Bath in 5 minutes
- Marlborough in 6 minutes
To achieve the above they require £3.25 million per year, which equates to £8,904 per day to function as a unit.
We’ll be partnering at events next year to encourage fundraising efforts. We’ll also be implementing a donation suggestion button on some our event entry pages (which is, of course, totally voluntary).
Air Ambulance mascot Marsha was supporting at the Chilly 10k last month, and we look forward to seeing more of their team at DB Max events next year.
To see what amazing work they do, please visit www.wiltshireairambulance.co.uk