Coronavirus Information for DB Max’s Upcoming Events (DB Max Events and DB Max OCR Events)
The event industry and indeed the country as a whole is experiencing an unprecedented situation with COVID-19.
We appreciate that event participation might not be a priority as this epidemic develops, but we feel it important to keep our entrants updated regularly on the situation.
The UK government yesterday advised against mass gatherings. Whilst the information given was somewhat vague, we are confident at this point that many of our upcoming events in April, May and June will be unable to proceed on the original dates planned.
DB Max are pleased to say that we have planned for this outcome and have booked alternative dates at all our venues. We will be contacting all of our entrants regarding specific events, by email in the coming days. Please rest assured that there is nothing for you to do or be concerned about and we will be taking care of everything to facilitate this event rescheduling.
Please see the points below regarding event postponement:
- All entrants will be emailed with details and information on the rescheduled event.
- All entrants will be automatically transferred to the new date with no charges.
- Free transfer to another person for the new event date, will be available as a special condition, over and above our terms and conditions, for the new event. We will open free transfers when we send the event reschedule email.
- For certain races (primarily standard running events), entrants will have the option to run certain races virtually on the original date. There will be online results for this, where entrants enter their time. Entrants can receive their medal and souvenir bib by post. If applicable, there will be an option to choose this virtual race option on your specific race rescheduling email.
- Transfer to another event may be available for certain events that are rescheduled during the Covid-19 pandemic (details will be sent with the race specific email to entrants).
- Refunds will not be available for any events rescheduled due to the Covid-19 pandemic.
Please be patient as we work to inform you all of our rescheduled events and help us and the event industry as a whole, to cope with these difficult times. Whilst the road ahead this year will be bumpy, we value your support and we know that with that and our robust systems and experience, we will be delivering the events you love later in the year and long into the future.
For information on COVID-19 and how to protect yourself, please visit https://www.gov.uk/.
Stay safe everyone.
Will, James and the DB Max Team