The Covid-19 pandemic naturally generates a level of uncertainty for activities such as those that DB Max regularly organise. The most common questions we hear at the moment are:
- “How do DB Max make their events Covid-secure?”
- “What happens to my entry fee in the event of a local or national lockdown which causes a postponement of my event?”
Both these issues can cause apprehension and even reluctance in entering the events you normally love. Hopefully the explanation below can allay any concerns and instil the confidence we want you to have.
How do DB Max make their events Covid-secure?
- For running events held on private grounds, we offer an optional service to print your own bib and then participants are provided a timing chip that they wear on their ankle. Participants receive and remove their timing chip without direct contact with DB Max staff. All timing chips and straps are disinfected after each event before being used again.
- For triathlon or duathlon events, we now post out race numbers to avoid the need for any collection point on the day. Participants then collect their timing chip from their racking space in transition on race day.
- Entrants are given an allotted start time and start in socially distanced groups of no more than 6 for running events. For triathlon events and most duathlon events participants start individually. On occasion, a duathlon event may also start in socially distanced groups of no more than 6.
- Start areas are kept significantly large so that social distancing can be maintained at all times and this is monitored by marshals.
- When queueing to collect timing chips or to get into a transition area, all competitors are required to wear face masks/face coverings.
- Hand sanitisers are located at various locations around our events, including the car park, toilets, timing chip collection, start and finish.
- We do not permit groups of more than 6 mixing at any time at our events as per the government’s ‘rule of 6’.
- When finishing an event, participants are encouraged to return to their car and leave the venue after a short recovery period.
- In the event that spectators are permitted, a substantial zone is designated and marked for their use. Spectators do not interact with competitors.
- We collect everyone’s details for track and trace purposes, including spectators.
- We have now introduced temperature checking for participants prior to racing.
- DB Max utilise video briefings which are sent to spectators in advance of the event, to avoid gatherings on race day.
- Our Covid risk assessments must pass scrutiny from our permitting insurance partners, local authorities and PHE before our events can proceed.
What happens to my entry fee in the event of a local or national lockdown which causes a postponement of my event?
In the event of a postponement you are protected by our #CashSafeCovidPromise. This ensures that your entry fee is protected but we do not provide refunds. Please ensure that you understand what this means before entering. You will never lose your money in real terms, because you can use your entry fee for any DB Max event for two years following the original planned date. But please understand that as a small business, it is impossible for us to plan an event and then offer refunds if it has to be postponed due to circumstances that we cannot control.
So how does it work..?
- Initially if a postponement is necessary, all entrants will automatically be transferred to the rescheduled event.
- If this does not suit your plans, you can use our transfer service to change to any available event on our calendar.
- If you are not sure which event you wish to transfer to at this time, the credit for the entry fee paid remains on your account to use against any other DB Max event for a period of two years.
So in simple terms, your entry fee is 100% safe.
With these systems in place, DB Max are robust enough to weather the storms that Covid-19 throws at us, or indeed any other issue that causes a rescheduling at short notice. We were the first event company to reintroduce our high-quality racing this summer and indeed with our virtual races during lockdown, we never really stopped providing the motivational events you love.
We are all aware that the situation can change at short notice in the current environment. DB Max utilise ‘tried and tested’ systems to notify our entrants via text, email and social media within minutes in the unlikely event of a last-minute postponement. In addition, we will always endeavour to inform our entrants of any developments with any of our events, should they arise from day to day.
Thanks to our robust systems and your continued support, DB Max have already organised over twenty Covid-secure events this summer, including triathlons, running events, cycling events and an OCR. DB Max also provide services and consultation support for our event organising partners.
We hope this provides a level of reassurance and confidence DB Maxers and we hope to see you on a start-line with us soon!