With the launch announcement this week of the ARC Chilly Road Relays on January 20th, the DB Max email inbox and the office phone have been red hot! This tells us two things:
- Firstly, we’re excited that we look to be launching an event that excites the local event community.
- Secondly, there are lots of questions you DB Maxers have and it might be a good idea to try and answer them all in one place.
So before we get down to the nitty gritty, a few words about our sponsor, the ARC.
DB Max have been organising running events since November 2006. From day 1, the support and advice we have received from the ARC has been exemplary. We have learned a great deal about how to make what we do better along the way, but working with the ARC and Michael White, has been a pleasure all along that road – by far the most supportive, fair and generous governing body DB Max has ever been affiliated to. Visit the ARC website for more information here.
Questions, Answers and Updates
- Initially, we hadn’t viewed this event as one that we would get finisher medals for. Well, from the feedback we’ve had so far, a DB Max medal is very important to you runners, so with the interest we’ve had as well, we are now viewing this run as a major event and as such, we have designed finisher medals for the adult runners as below. There will also be similar finisher medals for the juniors.
- The main awards at the event are the ARC medals which will be for ARC registered clubs only. The event is still open to everyone, but the main category prizes will be for the ARC clubs with gold, sliver and bronze medals as below:
– Open (overall) Male and Female Teams.
– Vet Male and Vet Female Teams.
– Junior Male and Female Teams (Juniors are classified as under 16 on the day of the race).
- In the interest of making the event fully inclusive, we want to encourage groups of friends to enter, or maybe triathlon clubs that are not ARC affiliated. So there will also be minor DB Max prizes for an ‘open’ prize giving as below (winners only and only one prize per team with roll down):
– Open Male, Mixed and Female Teams.
– Vet 40 Male and Female Teams.
– Vet 50+ Male and Female Teams.
– Juniors – U8’s. U10’s, U12’s, U14’s, U16’s. The categories for juniors are based on the age of the oldest member in the team.
Hopefully, that has answered all your questions at this stage. The main event page with all the important information and timings for the day can be viewed here. We are already excited about welcoming you to the inaugural ARC Chilly South West Relays and if your preparation keeps you running over the festive period, well the event is a winner already!